Businesses nominating a technology for membership must:
- have an innovative, Australian technology that has global marketing potential;
- be a small to medium sized business with annual turnover of less than $10 million;
- have controlling ownership resident in Australia (in the case of individuals) or be registered in Australia (in the case of corporations);
- either own the Intellectual Property (IP) in their technology or have exclusive worldwide rights to commercialise the technology;
- be market ready with a clear commercialisation strategy.
You must demonstrate that your technology is:
- clearly innovative;
- scientifically credible;
- has significant local content;
- commercially attractive;
- demonstrably marketable and exportable;
- socially and environmentally beneficial.
Benefits of ATS Membership
Benefits which can be accessed during the three year ATS membership period may include:
- promotion on the ATS website and promotion in the ATS newsletter;
- support of a dedicated Business Development Manager;
- access to industry networking opportunities, seminars and expos;
- access to ATS Patrons’ expertise;
- other state-specific benefits, subject to competitive access;
- use of the Australian Technology Showcase logo.
Further Information for Applicants
In addition to addressing the six application criteria, the application should also include:
- a current business plan, including a commercialisation strategy relating to the technology;
- two independent referee reports addressing a number of specific issues (only one referee report is needed if the company/technology has received previous government assistance- see below);
- 2 years P&L and Balance Sheet.
Applicants must complete and sign the Declaration at the end of the Membership Application Form. The Declaration requires the applicant to agree to abide by the Terms and Conditions of Membership, including the ATS Disclaimer.
Previous Government Assistance
Applicants who successfully applied for an AusIndustry COMET Grant, the Commercial Ready Program Grants, the R&D Taxation Concession, the Austrade TradeStart or EMDG Grants are required to submit summary evidence of the Grant, as awarded to the applicant technology, with their ATS application. ATS applicants in this situation are required to submit only one referee report.
Applications will be initially assessed by ATS management. Applications which adequately address all criteria will then be forwarded to an independent assessment panel.
Processing of applications typically takes several weeks from receipt of completed application form and supporting documents.